Conny Press Release - 8/26/19: http://files.leagueathletics.com/Images/Club/1512/Attachments/2020_Birthday_Cutoff_Press_Releasev2.pdf
2020 CONNY Player Age Segmentation Change: The Eligibility Committee recommended, and the Executive Committee has unanimously approved, changing the oldest birthday permitted for each year group from the September 1st preceding the season to the July 1st preceding the season (except 14U for which the birthday cutoff remains the March 1 preceding the season to accommodate old-in-grade 8thgraders who would have no place to play). The attached Press Release, suitable for distribution to your parents if you wish, explains the background and rationale for this change.
The 2020 CONNY Age Divisions will, therefore, be as shown below. Member programs should adjust their registration accordingly.
2020 Player Segmentation Birthday Cutoff Dates
(Adopted August 26, 2019 by the CONNY Executive Committee)
|CONNY Age Division
||US Lax Age Designation
||Born On Or After:
||8U – 6U
· All teams are organized by birth year, with single birth year teams strongly preferred. Where numbers or other circumstances don’t allow that, two birth year combined teams are permitted within a CONNY Age Division (e.g. Junior, Senior).
· While CONNY strongly discourages the practice, especially for combined teams, a player may “play up” on an older birth year team (e.g., a 12U eligible player on a 13U team).
· 14U 8th graders born before March 1, 2005 may petition to play with their grade. Detailed criteria for such petitions may be found in CONNY Regulation II.4 under About CONNY/Regulations at www.CONNYlacrosse.org.
· 9U through 13U players may petition to play down one birth year group. Detailed criteria for such petitions may be found in CONNY Regulation II.5 under About CONNY/Regulations at www.CONNYlacrosse.org.
· For Bantam teams, CONNY will not enforce a strict age cutoff, giving programs the option to use or not use the 6/1 birth year cutoff date. However, member programs are encouraged to organize even Bantams by the birthday cutoff that applies to older teams.
The full CONNY Board of Directors will be asked to ratify these changes to the CONNY Rules and Regulations at its September 24 meeting, but Executive Committee knew it was important to get them out to the membership before programs begin 2020 registration.
CONNY Tournaments Schedule: The provisional Tournament schedule will be:
May 30th- Junior Girls - Boys Lightning - Senior All Stars
May 31st- Junior Boys - Girls Lightning
June 6- Senior Girls - Junior All Stars
June 7th- Senior Boys
Visual Display of age rules: https://www.uslacrosse.org/sites/default/files/public/documents/rules/age-group-chart-2019-2020.pdf